Some writing help I found along the way
Picture Book writing Help
1) Pixar Story rules - helpful because they list 22 rules to writing a pixar film
2) Delightful Children's Books- A list of 39 links all in one place
3) Notes from the slush pile - 7 steps for plotting and pacing
4) Julie Hedlund's interview with Emma Walton Hamilton. She talks about the "Mucky Middle"
5) Julie Hedlund's interview with Debbie Diesen. She discusses how to be a meter reader and how to rhyme and use rhythm.
6) The Metermaids - Tiffany & Corey blog about rhyming
7) Juliet Clare Bell - Don't Panic - The Structure is Spot on
8) Emu's Debut - Where are you at in your writing career?
9) Rate Your Story - Post about rhyme with the Meter Maids
10) Picture Book Outline - Marisa Montes breaks it down for us
11) Janice Hardy - 5 tips "Show don't tell"
Query Letter Help
1) Writer Relief
2) Rena Traxel shares her query letter that has been critiqued by Ishta Mercurio-Wentworth.
3) Kidlit.com posts about writing a compelling query letter
4) Julie Hedlund interview Tammy Weston. She shares information on writing query letters
5) Query Tracker supplies many links for writing a great query
6) Heather Burnell shares her successful query letter
7) How to get an agent for newbies
8) Query Letter advice
Author Visit Help
1) Deb Lund's post covers her author school visit experience.
2) The Write Chris posts about how to set up a school visit.
Social Networking Tips
1) Need help with what to put on your business cards? Then, check this link out.