Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Poison Apple Pie is in the MeeGenius Final's Round!

    Today is an exciting day for me. My story Posion Apple Pie was selected to move onto the finalist round of the MeeGenius Author Challenge 2011. They edited my story and illustated it this past month! 

    Here is the link to vote: http://meegenius.com/challenge/book/6067/poison-apple-pie-by-jennifer-young/

    Voting began at 9am on January 31st for the finalist round. The MeeGenius staff only picked 10 entries (not including 4 popular voted books) to move on to the finalist round. And my fairy tale entry Posion Apple Pie was one of the 10 staff picks.  I was not able to share this news for a whole month on my blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I'm so excited to post this and finally share the news with you guys. I also wanted to thank everyone who voted for me last round. I truely appreciate your support.

Some information on why I entered the contest: 

   The grand winner will win an entire library full of free eBooks from MeeGenius. Also, the winning stories will be professionally edited, illustrated and enhanced with MeeGenius! It will be featured, and then published to the iPhone, iPad, Android, Google TV and the Web. In addition, the grand prize winner will receive a $1,500 cash prize for their manuscript. MeeGenius is a New York City based digital publisher and they are having a competition taking place nationwide.

What my story is about:
    Not all witches are good at their day jobs, especially Winka. She continues to look until she finds the right job in Fairy Tale Land.  (a picture book in rhyme)



 You can vote for Poison Apple Pie before February 21st, 2012:

http://meegenius.com/challenge/book/6067/poison-apple-pie-by-jennifer-young/

Thank you for your time and support everyone!

14 comments:

  1. I voted and tweeted. I'd love to see you win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That's great! I love the title, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *SQUEEE!* Jenny, that is AWESOME! So exciting and fabulous! I am so excited for you. I voted and I will most definitely be passing this on to help get you more votes. GOOD LUCK! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO COOL. I just voted. I love the illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!!!

    Sending another vote your way, this is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are the best! Thanks for all the votes, support & love!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer I am so excited for you. 2012 is going to be your year! You got my vote.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer I am so excited for you. 2012 is going to be your year! You got my vote.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Cheryl. I hope so too!! I'm enjoying it so far. I wish you the best in 2012 as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Jennifer! That's fantastic news. Fingers crossed for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Jennifer. I loved the story when I read it. Hope you'll be able to share more. Your entry was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Anna & Pat. That means a lot to me that you guys liked it!! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just voted for your story. I loved the way you incorporated other fairy tales into your story. I also like your premise of Winka looking for a new job.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for voting Darshana! And thank you for the kind words you had to say about my story!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...